MOODY AIR FORCE BASE, Ga. (WTXL) - In preparation for Hurricane Irma, Moody Air Force Base will be closed on Monday.
Officials say that Quiet Pines will remain open for residents. The Davidson Gate will remain open until 10 p.m. Sunday when restricted access begins for emergency recovery personnel only.
All other gates will remain closed until further notice.
Currently, the base says they are not evacuating any personnel based on the current weather forecast.
The Emergency Family Assistance Center will open for phone calls only in place of the Airman and Family Readiness Center Saturday at 12 p.m. for Airman and families in need of assistance. The EFAC can be reached at 229-257-3333.
The following base facilities will stop operations as listed below:
- Freedom 1 Fitness Center: Closed until further notice.
- Child Development Center: Closes 6 p.m. Friday
- Youth Center: Closes 6 p.m. Friday
- Grassy Pond: Closes 12 p.m. Saturday
- Golf Course: Closes 2 p.m. Sunday
- Base Exchange: Closes 5 p.m. Sunday
- Shoppette: Closes 5 p.m. Sunday
- Commissary: Closes 8 p.m. Sunday
- Dining Facility: Closes 6 p.m. Sunday
- SPOT: Closes 6 p.m. Sunday
- Moody Field Club: Closes 8 p.m. Sunday
Facility openings will be announced at a later time.
For more details, contact the 23rd Wing public affairs office at 229-257-4146.