BAKER COUNTY, Ga. (WTXL) - The Baker County Sheriff's Office has issued a mandatory evacuation notice.
Baker County is expecting significant weather-related issues due to potential flooding and the predicted high wind speeds of Hurricane Irma.
All of the following areas should evacuate:
- All residents on Steel Bridge Road, east of the collection site
- All residents on Webb Haven Road
- Persimmon and Ash Road in the Turkey Creek II neighborhood
- Myrtle, Camphor, Chestnut, and Gum Roads
- All residents on the west side of Aspen Road
- All residents on Lil Dixie Trail
- All residents on River Oak Circle
- All residents on River Oak Drive
- All residents on Confederate Drive East
- All residents of Cedar Creek Farms Road
- Follow this link to see a map of the active evacuation areas.
Deputies also encourage anyone in mobile homes or compromised shelter to seek refuge in a public shelter or relocate to a safer area. The general population shelter is at Macclenny Elementary School. The special needs shelter is at Ed Fraser Hospital.