News

Actions

Man flown to hospital after Tallahassee house fire

Tallahassee house fire causes $80,000 in damage
Tallahassee house fire causes $80,000 in damage
Posted at 3:17 PM, Aug 05, 2018
and last updated 2018-08-05 16:03:09-04

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) - A man suffered burns in a Tallahassee house fire on Sunday that caused an estimated $80,000 in damages. 

On Sunday, the Tallahassee Fire Department was called to a house fire at 711 Stafford Street. 

When crews arrived they saw light smoke coming from the house. 

TFD says the fire was put out quickly and a man was treated on scene and flown to University of Florida Health Shands Hospital for burns.   

TFD states three people live in the home, but only the man was there at the time of the fire.    

TFD was assisted on scene by the Tallahassee Police Department, City of Tallahassee Utilities, and Leon County EMS. 

According to TFD, damages are estimated at $80,000 and the fire appears to have started in the kitchen, however TFD and the State Fire Marshal's are investigating at this time.  

Red Cross was declined by the family.  

TFD said they are not releasing any more information on the victim at this time.