NewsLocal News

Actions

Tallahassee Fire Department extinguishes kitchen fire

kitchen fire
Posted at 7:34 PM, Mar 10, 2013
and last updated 2013-03-10 19:34:00-04

Tallahassee, Fla. (WTXL)-- The Tallahassee Fire Department responded to a kitchen fire on Mar. 10 at around 5:45 p.m.

Firefighters believe the fire started after the resident left food unattended on the stove. A neighbor noticed the smoke and called 9-1-1. It was at a mobile home in the 2600 block of Windy Pine Way. Crews quickly extinguished the fire.

No one was injured. Damages are estimated at $15,000. The Red Cross was called out to assist the family of three who were unable to return to the home due to the damages.