TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- The Downtown Tallahassee Business Association (DTBA) and the Tallahassee Downtown Improvement Authority (TDIA) will host Big Bend’s inaugural 2013 Downtown Tallahassee New Year’s Eve Celebration on Monday, December 31, 2012.
The event starts at 7 p.m. in Kleman Plaza. The celebration, which is free and open to the public, will be hosted by Tallahassee Radio Personality Big Woody Hayes and will feature performances by Sister Hazel, Tom & the Cats and the Ameris Bank fireworks show.
Lawn chairs and blankets are welcome. Coolers, tents and sound systems are prohibited. Beer will be available for purchase on-site (proof-of-age is required).
Star Metro will be offering free shuttle service to and from Kleman Plaza starting at 7:30 p.m. and ending at 1:30 a.m. For stop locations, click here. If you need a ride home, there will be a Take-a-Taxi Home program at the end of the event.
The following is a schedule of events:
- 7 p.m. – Kleman Plaza opens to public, VIP pavilion opens for sponsors and their guests, and Boyd & Wood Featuring 94.9 WTNT's Woody Boyd to perform
- 7:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. – StarMetro free shuttle service to operate
- 8 p.m. – Tom & the Cats to perform
- 9:30 p.m. – Master of Ceremonies Woody Hayes from 94.9 WTNT-FM
- 10:15 p.m. – Sister Hazel to perform
- 12 a.m. midnight – Happy New Year! WTXL-TV ABC 27 to simulcast New York City’s Time Square Ball Drop, Ameris Bank Midnight Fireworks Show; & Sister Hazel Encore Performance
- 12:30 a.m. – Event to conclude
- 1:30 a.m. – Take-a-Taxi Home program, sponsored by Fonvielle, Lewis, Foote and Messer, to conclude
For more information, Click Here.