TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) — Lane closures will occur on Magnolia Drive and Tennessee Street in Tallahassee from 10 p.m. Friday, Nov. 8 to 6 a.m. Monday, Nov. 11 for the construction of storm sewer curb inlet tops, traffic separators, and turn lane widening on Magnolia Drive.
Signage will be on site to direct traffic through the work area.
Lane closures will occur as follows:
· The inside left turn lane on northbound Magnolia Drive to westbound Tennessee Street
· The inside travel lane on southbound Magnolia Drive, both north and south of Tennessee Street
· The inside left turn lane on westbound Tennessee Street to southbound Magnolia Drive
· The left turn lane on northbound Magnolia Drive to westbound Park Avenue
· The inside travel lane on southbound Magnolia Drive both north and south of Park Avenue
This work is part of the $5.2 million project and includes milling and resurfacing, ADA sidewalk improvements, pedestrian signalization upgrades, drainage and guardrail upgrades and sewer improvements.
Improvements to the Apalachee Parkway and Magnolia Drive Intersection include widening, milling and resurfacing, drainage improvements, curb and gutter, sidewalk and guardrail upgrades and improved lighting and signage.
All planned construction activities are weather dependent and may be delayed or rescheduled in the event of inclement weather. Drivers are reminded to use caution when traveling through a work zone, especially at night, and to watch for construction workers and equipment entering and exiting the roadway.