Valdosta Police Department is set to host an Open Testing hiring event on Dec.1 for citizens interested in gaining a career in local law enforcement.
The hiring event will take place at 6 p.m. at the police department, located at 500 North Toombs Street in Valdosta, Georgia. Entrance is also allowed 30 minutes prior to the testing time.
According to VPD, attendees will get paid while attending training once they have completed the test, which is reportedly the initial stage of the hiring process.
Applicants are required to bring their driver's license and $15 in cash to pay the testing fee.
Applicants must meet the minimum requirements below:
- At least 21 years of age
- U.S. Citizen
- Must have valid Driver's License
- No felony convictions, according to O.C.G.A 35-8-8
- No family violence-related convictions, according to O.C.G.A 19-13-1
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
Applicants must also wear protective face covering.
The salary information includes:
- $42,054.51 Base Salary ($20.22 per hour)
- $43,054.47 Partial College ($20.70 per hour)
- $44,054.43 Full College ($21.18 per hour
Sworn Law Enforcement Officers do not need to attend the testing and may just submit an application.
To view applications for police officer positions and entry level testing dates, visit www.valdostacity.com. Testing dates will be posted periodically.
For information on the process, contact Lieutenant Colby Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 229-293-3099.