VALDOSTA, Ga. (WTXL) — A Valdosta triplex unit has been damaged after a fire broke out at 358 Brookfield Road on Friday.
According to the Valdosta Fire Department, firefighters received a call from dispatch at 3:29 p.m. on Friday, notifying them of a structure fire at a triplex unit on Brookfield Road.
VFD said the first fire unit arrived within three minutes to find heavy smoke extending from a triplex unit, and crews were able to bring the fire under control quickly.
Two occupants were displaced and one canine was rescued. No injuries were reported.
There were a total of 13 fire personnel on the scene. Valdosta Police Department and South Georgia Medical Center EMS assisted with on-scene operations.
The cause of the fire was determined to be unattended cooking.