VALDOSTA, Ga.---- Valdosta Fire Department responded to an early morning fire at a four-story hotel early Sunday morning.
Crews arrived on the scene at 1003 North St. Augustine Street, the Candlewood Suites Valdosta Mall, a little after 4:30 in the morning.
Upon arrival, responding crew members found that the sprinkler system on the fourth floor had extinguished the small kitchen fire.
The fire crews remained on scene to assist with water removal personnel on scene.
The property manager was able to accommodate the occupants from the damaged units.
There were a total of seventeen fire personnel on scene.
The cause of the fire was unattended cooking.