VALDOSTA, Ga. (WTXL) — On Friday, March 20, Valdosta City Schools begins a trial run of their meal delivery program, putting the city's school buses back in service.
There are currently five stationary meal distribution sites for Valdosta school children, operating Mondays through Fridays in cooperation with Second Harvest.
- The stops and delivery times are listed as follows:
- The Gables (former Commons Apartments) - 1415 St. Augustine Road at 10:00 a.m.
- Prosper Apartments - 1503 East Park Avenue at 9:45 a.m.
- Ashton Park Apartments - 1315 River Street at 10:00 a.m.
- Heron Lakes Apartments - 1800 Eastwind Road at 9:45 a.m.
The delivery buses will be on site for 30 minutes to hand out free meals to any child, 18-years-old and under. Meals are provided on a first come first served basis, while supplies last.
Beginning Monday, March 23, a total of 14 buses will make meal deliveries throughout the Valdosta City School district. A detailed map of stops will be released on their website soon.
The stationary locations will remain open Mondays - Fridays until further notice and are listed below:
- S.L. Mason Elementary School - 821 West Gordon at 11:30 a.m.
- Ora Lee West Community Center - 611 East Ann Street at 11:30 a.m.
- Woodlawn Forrest Church of Christ - 1515 North Forrest Street at 12:00 p.m.
- Robert Jenkins Community Center at Hudson Dockett - 807 South Fry Street at 11:30 a.m.
- Scott Park - 900 Old Statenville Road at 12:00 p.m.