EASTPOINT, Fla. (WTXL) — Two elementary school-aged children and two puppies died in a fire early Friday morning.
According to a news release provided by the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, 911 dispatch received a call just after 1 a.m. on Friday stating a neighbor’s home was engulfed in flames.
The family had a new litter of puppies and had a heat lamp on them to keep them warm, Sheriff A.J. Smith said. Deputies believe that the heat lamp is how the fire broke out.
The parents and two other kids made it out alive and did not need to go to the hospital, according to Smith.
The names of the victims were not released by the sheriff’s office.
FCSO has set up a donation page for the family, as they did not have insurance. If you would like to donate, click here.