TALLAHASSEE, Fla.(WTXL) — The Tallahassee Police Department says five people were arrested during an undercover operation focusing on drug sales in the Bond community and the West Pensacola Street area.
On Wednesday, Aug. 12, members of the TPD's Special Investigations Section conducted undercover operations focusing on drug sales in the Bond community and the West Pensacola Street corridor.
During the operation, officers would purchase drugs from street-level narcotics dealers.
TPD says once the transaction was completed, uniformed officers in marked vehicles would apprehend the dealer.
Based on the operation, five arrests were made, three in the Bond community and two at the intersection of Dixie Drive and Escambia Drive.
Below are the suspects who were arrested and their charges:
- Katrine D Moore, 61, on charges of sale of cocaine within 1,000 feet of a place of worship.
- Lafell Clary Jr., 69, on charges of sale of cocaine within 1,000 feet of a place of worship.
- Ronald Pittman, 54, on charges of sale of cocaine within 1,000 feet of a place of worship.
- Martalaus Williams, 34, on charges of sale of cocaine. He also had three outstanding warrants for burglary of a dwelling, grand theft, and criminal mischief.
- Fredderick Colbert, 24, on charges of sale of cocaine
TPD says they are committed to enhancing public safety and addressing quality of life issues impacting residents, including the use and sale of narcotics.
If you see this type of activity, report it by calling TPD at 850-891-4200 or Crime Stoppers at 850-574-TIPS.