LOWNDES COUNTY, Fla. (WTXL) — The Georgia Department of Public Health, South Health District has confirmed three new cases of COVID-19 in Lowndes County.
The addition of these three cases now make a total of 10 confirmed cases in Lowndes County.
Health officials say two people have been hospitalized. The source of exposure is known for one but unknown for the other.
The third individual's investigation is still ongoing and information regarding the case will be updated soon.
At this time, South Health District has 16 confirmed cases of COVID-19 throughout the District.
For the most up-to-date case count in Georgia, visit www.dph.ga.gov.
The best prevention measures for any respiratory virus are:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid large gatherings, especially older adults and individuals with a chronic illness.