NewsLocal News


TFD responds to Memorial Day weekend fire at mobile home near Maige Road

Posted at 9:47 AM, May 25, 2020
and last updated 2020-05-25 10:35:12-04

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) — Tallahassee firefighters say a mobile home suffered an estimated $40,000 in damages after a cooking fire broke out on Sunday evening.

According to the Tallahassee Fire Department, crews were dispatched Sunday evening to a fire off of Maige Road.

TFD says primary units arrived to find a mobile home fully involved.

Fire crews immediately worked to extinguish the blaze and conduct a search for any occupants still in the structure.

Fire crews determined everyone made it out safely prior to their arrival.

Authorities say the cause of the fire was determined to be accidental due to cooking.

The damage caused from the fire is estimated to be $40,000.

Fortunately, no injuries were reported and the Tallahassee Fire Department was assisted by the Leon County Sherriff’s Office, Leon County EMS and Talquin Electric.

The Tallahassee Fire Department wants to remind residents to be mindful while cooking in the kitchen.

TFD says individuals should never leave any cooking unattended on stove or oven.

Cooking fires are determined to be the largest contributor to structure fires in the United States every year.