TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) — The Tallahassee Fire Department rescued a dog from an apartment fire on Pullen Road early Thursday morning.
Just after 2 a.m., TFD firefighters were dispatched to a structure fire in the 1600 block of Pullen Road, according to a TFD Facebook post.
Once they arrived on the scene, they found a two-story apartment complex with smoke coming from one of the apartments.
While extinguishing the fire, one portion of the crew found and rescued the resident's dog during a search of the apartment.
The dog was okay and reunited with its family and no other injuries were reported.
The fire was caused by unattended cooking and the neighboring apartments were not damaged by the fire, TFD said.