TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) — Firefighters say a Tallahassee mobile home was saved from being destroyed in a fire Wednesday morning.
Wednesday morning at 11:50 a.m., units from Tallahassee Fire Department stations 1, 3, and 4 were dispatched to the report of a structure fire on the 2900 block of George Street.
When they arrived, crews found heavy smoke coming from under the single-wide mobile home.
The fire, started by lawn work, was extinguished before it could penetrate the interior of the home, which officials note saved the structure.
No one was home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported.
Damages are estimated to be at $15,000.