TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) — The Soul of Southside Festival is officially underway.
The festival is back for its second year which organizers have designed to be bigger and better than their inaugural event.
Organizer Christic Henry joined us on Sunrise Weekends to share details.
Last year's festival was two days long.
This year's will span eight days from May 14 through 22.
- May 15: Inspirational Community Kickoff
- May 17: Black-On-Black Rhyme: Soul of the Southside Edition
- May 18: Working Class Wednesday "Soul of the Southside" Celebrity Fundraiser
- May 18: World Class Jazz Wednesday
- May 19: Senior Drive-By Fish Fry
- May 19: Afternoon of Gratitude: Drumline Competition
- May 19: Evening of Remembrance: Freedom to Learn Panel Discussion
- May 20: Sundown Music Showcase
- May 21: Sunrise CommUNITY Breakfast
- May 21: Neighborhood Narrative Tours
- May 21: #Unapologetically Local Jam Session
- May 21: Southside HONORS Community Concert
Details for each event can be found here.