(WTXL) — School districts in our area are announcing closures. Here's a list of schools who have made announcements:
- Leon County: Leon County Schools will dismiss all schools an hour early on Thursday ahead of a severe weather threat. High schools will dismiss at 12:50 p.m., elementary at 1:50 p.m. and middle schools at 2:50 p.m. All after school extra curricular activities have been canceled for Leon County Schools Thursday.
- Jackson County: Jackson County Schools will be closed on Thursday.
- Wakulla County: Wakulla County Schools says it will be releasing its students early. Dismissal times are as follows: Wakulla High School -12:00pm; Wakulla Institute – 11:45am; Wakulla Middle School -12:20pm; Riversprings Middle School -12:20pm; All Elementary Schools- and Pre-K - 1:15pm
- Liberty County: Liberty County Schools will be closed on Thursday.
- Jefferson County: Aucilla Christian Academy will dismiss early Thursday at 1 p.m.
- FAMU: Florida A&M University has announced early closures for Thursday. FAMU Day at the Capitol activities will be curtailed at 2 p.m. Thursday. The Crestview campus will close at 1 p.m., Central Time. FAMU DRS will close at 1 p.m. Classes on the Tallahassee main campus will be suspended at 12:15 p.m., and the University will be closed except for emergency operations and essential personnel.
- FSU: FSU's Tallahassee campus will close beginning at 12:15 p.m. Thursday. The Panama City, FL campus will be closed for the entire day on Thursday due to the threat of severe weather. FSU will resume normal operations Friday morning at 12:01 a.m. All Friday classes will meet as scheduled.
- TCC: TCC will close their main campus at 12 p.m. on Thursday. Their Wakulla Center, the TCC Wakulla Environmental Institute will also close at noon and TCC's Gadsden Center will close at noon as well. The Florida Public Safety Institute will remain operational. Regular class schedules will resume on Friday.
- Keiser University: Keiser University's Tallahassee campus will close at 3:00pm on Thursday and reopen for normal operations on Friday.
- St. Leo University (Tallahassee): Saint Leo University’s Tallahassee Education Center will be close at noon on Thursday.
-North Florida College: The North Florida College campus in Madison, Florida and its Live Oak location office will close at 4:00 p.m. on Thursday.
- Thomas County: Thomas County Schools will be closed Thursday.
- Thomasville City Schools: Thomasville City Schools will be closed on Thursday.
- Valdosta City Schools: All after school activities at Valdosta City Schools will canceled Thursday.
- Cook County Schools: Cook County Schools will be dismissing early Thursday. Dismissal times are as follows: Cook Primary, Cook Elementary, and Cook Middle - 1 p.m.; Cook High School - 2 p.m.
- Decatur County: All Decatur County Schools as well as Spring Creek Charter Academy will be closed on Thursday.
- Brooks County: Brooks County Schools will dismiss early Thursday. Dismissal times are as follows: ELC - 11 a.m.; Car Riders - 11:15 a.m.; Bus Riders - 11:30 a.m.; CCLC - 1 p.m.
- Seminole County: Seminole County Schools will be closed on Thursday.
- Colquitt County: Colquitt County Schools will dismiss early on Thursday. The release schedule is as follows: Gifted - 11:00 am; Prek-5th - 11:30 am; Middle / Jr High - 12:30 pm; High School - 12:20 pm
- Mitchell County: Pelham Charter System will dismiss early on Thursday. Students will be dismissed at noon.; Baconton Charter School will dismiss early on Thursday. Students will be released at 1 p.m.
- Miller County: Miller County Schools will be closed Thursday.
- Baker County: K-12 School will close early at 12:30 p.m.
- South Regional Technical College: All campus locations will be closed Thursday.
- Thomas University: The campus will be closed THirsday.
-Tift County: Northeast Middle School will begin dismissal 1 hour early. 2:20 - Walkers, car riders, 1st bus group, 2:30 - 2nd bus group, 2:40-3:00 - Remaining buses as they arrive.
This list will be continuously updated as new closures/early dismissals are announced.