(WTXL) — Sixteen campgrounds on the Apalachicola, Ocala and Osceola National Forests will close indefinitely at noon tomorrow for the health and safety of visitors and staff.
Effective Friday, the following campgrounds will be unavailable to rent via Recreation.gov and will close indefinitely tomorrow at noon:
· Apalachicola National Forest: Camel Lake
· Osceola National Forest: The Group Landing
· Ocala National Forest: Big Scrub, River Forest and Lake Shore
Notifications to renters will be made as soon as possible and refunds will be processed.
Effective at noon tomorrow, the following campgrounds will close indefinitely:
· Osceola National Forest: Hog Pen Landing and Ocean Pond
· Ocala National Forest: 52 Landing, Big Bass, Davenport Landing, Fore Lake, Lake Delancey East, Lake Delancey West, Lake Dorr, Lake Eaton and Shanty Pond,
Effective at noon tomorrow, the following day-use areas will close indefinitely:
Effective at noon tomorrow, the bathroom facilities at the following areas will be closed, but the areas remain open:
· Osceola National Forest: 17 Mile Hunt Camp, Cobb Hunt Camp and West Tower Hunt Camp.
· Ocala National Forest: Farles Prairie Boat Ramp, Lake Dorr Boat Ramp, Ocala Centennial OHV Trail, Ocala North OHV Trail System and Wandering Wiregrass OHV Trail.