TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) — Target has confirmed that multiple team members have tested positive for COVID-19 at the Tallahassee North store on Bradfordville Road.
In a statement sent to ABC 27, the company said that the positive employees went into quarantine and are being paid while on leave.
After learning about the positive cases, Target followed the recommendations of public health experts and worked quickly to deep clean and sanitize the store.
The company says they have notified the entire store team and provided them with the appropriate CDC guidance.
They are also providing all team members with masks, gloves and thermometers, and upholding a rigorous cleaning routine.
You can view the full statement from Target below.
We’re working in close partnership with local health departments and can share that we’ve been notified that our Tallahassee North store on Bradfordville Road has experienced multiple team member positive cases of the coronavirus. We’ve communicated directly with these team members, who went into quarantine and are following all health department guidelines. We’re paying these team members while they’re on leave and our thoughts are with them during this challenging time. After learning about positive cases, we also work quickly to deep clean and sanitize the store, which is the recommendation of public health experts. We have notified the entire store team and provided them with the appropriate CDC guidance. We’re also providing all of our store and distribution team members with masks, gloves and thermometers, upholding rigorous cleaning routines, installing partitions at checklanes in stores and employing a variety of social distancing measures. Our top priority is the health and safety of our team members and guests. We will continue to actively monitor this situation and respond accordingly.
Below is a list of social distancing, cleaning and safety measures Target is implementing at all stores.
- Providing team members with high-quality, disposable face masks and gloves to wear at work and encouraging healthy hygiene habits as guided by the CDC. Given CDC guidance on the role that face masks can play in slowing the spread of the coronavirus and to keep our team and guests safe, we’re requiring team members to wear masks or face coverings when working.
- Having a team member stationed at each store entrance to sanitize carts and baskets between each use.
- Frequently cleaning each checklane and providing hand sanitizer.
- Rotating the use of checklanes to allow those lanes not in use to be deep cleaned.
- Adding payroll hours to support more rigorous cleaning routines.
- Having Plexiglass partitions at checklanes at the front of our stores, as well as at electronics, service desks, CVS Pharmacy and Target Optical.
- Increasing cleaning and sanitizing routines at Starbucks and cafes in our stores.
In addition, the company is encouraging guests to observe social distancing and remain six feet apart while entering and shopping in their stores through the following measures:
- Actively monitoring and, when needed, metering guest traffic to promote social distancing.
- Posting signage at the front of every store.
- Implementing floor signage.
- Dedicating team members to ensure guests wait in line at an appropriate distance until they're called to the register.
- Overhead audio messaging in our stores.