TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — A man was arrested after a weeks long investigation revealed he was maintaining a drug house in Tallahassee.
Christopher Deshazier, 28, was arrested by the Tallahassee Police Department.
The Tallahassee Police Department General Narcotics Unit received information about suspected illegal drug activity taking place at a home in the 3400 block of Daylily Lane in early July.
The investigation determined that was the home of Deshazier, a convicted felon with a history of arrests for drug sales.
The investigation included an attempt to conduct a coordinated traffic stop by members of the TPD COPPS on a car Deshazier was driving. TPD said he fled the stop in a reckless manner and at a high rate of speed.
That resulted in arrest warrants being obtained for the charges of Fleeing and/or Eluding a Law Enforcement Officer and Driving While License Suspended with Knowledge.
On Thursday, members of the TPD General Narcotics Unit, Drug Interdiction Unit, and Career Criminal Unit arrested Deshazier at his home on Daylily Lane.
TPD stated Deshazier tried to from the home while trying to destroy evidence, as investigators were in the process of making contact with him.
He was quickly arrested and the evidence he was trying to destroy was secured. The on-scene investigation at his house resulted in the service of a search warrant.
A significant amount of drugs and cash, as well as two guns (one having been reported stolen to TPD), and drug packaging material (including counterfeit medical marijuana labels) were found as evidence.
The drugs found included trafficking amounts of: cocaine, MDMA (Ecstasy), and Hydrocodone, along with Alpha-PVP (Molly), Oxycodone, Alprazolam, and Marijuana.
He is facing charges of:
- Trafficking in Cocaine
- Trafficking in MDMA
- Trafficking in Hydrocodone
- Possession of Cannabis with Intent to Sell
- Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon (two counts)
- Possession of Alpha-PVP
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Maintaining a Felony Drug House
- Possession of a Controlled Substance with Intent to Sell (Oxcycodone)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance with Intent to Sell (Alprazolam)
- Resisting Arrest without Violence
- Fleeing and/or Eluding a Law Enforcement Officer (warrant)
- Driving While License Suspended and/or Revoked with Knowledge (warrant)