(WTXL) — As Floridians keep a watchful eye on Hurricane Sally, several counties have opened up sandbag locations for those who need them.
FRANKLIN COUNTY, FL
WHEN: Franklin County’s Department of Emergency Management said the following sandbag locations will be open from 1 p.m. until 5 p.m. Tuesday:
- CARRABELLE: Old County Annex, 1647 Highway 98 East
- EASTPOINT: Vrooman Park, 26 6th Street
- APALACHICOLA: Old State Yard on Bluff Road
LIMIT: There is a limit of 10 sandbags per household and are only for grade level homes. No bags will be given to block garages.
LIBERTY COUNTY, FL
WHEN: To pick up bags, you can contact the Liberty County Road and Bridge Department at 850-643-4040 or Liberty County Emergency Management at 850-643-2339.
LOCATIONS: Authorities say dirt has been staged throughout the county for filling the bags. For more information, click here.
THOMAS COUNTY, GA
WHEN: The hours for all five sites will be 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. effective Sept. 15 at 4 p.m. Thomas County Public Works says they will advise residents when the bags will no longer be available.
- Woodruff Farm Collection Site (also known as Sunset Site) - 1433 Woodruff Farm Road, Thomasville, GA 31757
- Dillon Collection Site - 4265 Dillon Road, Thomasville, GA 31757
- Patten Coolidge Collection Site - 365 Patten Coolidge Road, Thomasville, GA 31757
- Hansell Collection Site - 27 Hansell Road, Meigs, GA 31765
- Stewart Collection Site - 142 Stewart Road, Thomasville, GA 31792
LIMIT: There is a limit of 10 sandbags per household. These sand bags are for Thomas County residents only, which includes residents inside of municipalities.
SUPPLIES: The bags, sand, and shovels will be provided but residents will be required to fill the bags themselves