TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) — Leon County residents are being asked for their input about the addition of new sidewalks near elementary schools in the area.
Starting Tuesday through Dec. 14, you can submit your public comment on the county’s plans online.
County officials want the community’s input as part of their application to the Florida Department of Transportation’s Safe Route to School Grant program.
The SRTS grant promotes walking and bicycling to school through infrastructure improvements, enforcement, tools, safety education, and incentives.
The five potential sidewalk locations are as followed:
- Woodville Highway between Natural Bridge Road and Hickory Lane (Woodville Elementary)
- Canyon Creek Road between Old Woodville Highway and Shumard Drive (Woodville Elementary)
- Shumard Drive between Canyon Creek Road and Bur Oak Drive (Woodville Elementary)
- Westway Road between Crawfordville Road and Capital Circle SW (Oak Ridge Elementary)
- Sherborne Road between Old Bainbridge Road and Rockingham Road (Canopy Oaks Elementary)
All those interested should give their comments online by clicking here.