LEON COUNTY, Fla. (WTXL) — Leon County officials are helping anyone that may be struggling with the six feet social distancing rule by using a little Florida humor.
In a recent tweet, the county shared a graphic demonstrating social distancing in the most Florida way possible.
"Please remember to keep at least 1 large alligator between you and everyone else at all times," the county wrote on its Twitter account last week, the post accompanied by a picture.
Remember, we're not talking just any alligator. The county is encouraging that you think about a large gator... at least large enough to create 6-feet of space between you and the next person.
All jokes aside, the CDC released the following about social-distancing and other mitigation techniques to prevent COVID-19 spread:
- Stay at least 6 feet (2 meters) from other people
- Do not gather in groups
- Stay out of crowded places and avoid mass gatherings
More tips for social distancing from CDC:
- Follow guidance from authorities where you live.
- If you need to shop for food or medicine at the grocery store or pharmacy, stay at least 6 feet away from others.
- Use mail-order for medications, if possible.
- Consider a grocery delivery service.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others, including when you have to go out in public, for example to the grocery store.
- Stay at least 6 feet between yourself and others, even when you wear a face covering.
- Avoid large and small gatherings in private places and public spaces, such a friend’s house, parks, restaurants, shops, or any other place. This advice applies to people of any age, including teens and younger adults. Children should not have in-person playdates while school is out. To help maintain social connections while social distancing, learn tips to keep children healthy while school’s out.
- Work from home when possible.
- If possible, avoid using any kind of public transportation, ridesharing, or taxis.
- If you are a student or parent, talk to your school about options for digital/distance learning.