TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) — The Florida Department of Health in Leon County announced an updated plan for second COVID-19 vaccine dose distribution Wednesday.
Currently, DOH-Leon said that they are working with the Leon County Division of Emergency Management to contact people who received their first vaccination dose from DOH-Leon with instructions for their second dose appointments.
The DOH-Leon released an updated second dose schedule that they said will override all previous schedules. This is for those who already received their first COVID-19 vaccination.
Second dose schedule at 2965 Municipal Way:
- Jan. 23: 2nd dose Moderna if you received 1st dose on Dec. 26, 2020 at 9:00 a.m
- Jan. 28: 2nd dose Moderna if you received 1st dose on Dec. 29, 2020 or Dec. 31, 2020
- Jan. 30: 2nd dose Pfizer if you received 1st dose on Jan. 9
- Feb. 2: 2nd dose Moderna if you received your 1st dose on Jan. 2 or Jan. 5
- Feb. 9: 2nd dose Moderna if you received your 1st dose on Jan. 12
- Feb. 13: 2nd dose Moderna if you received your 1st dose on Jan. 16
People with second-dose appointments at DOH-Leon will need to bring a government-issued photo identification card and their COVID-19 vaccination record card that they received after their first dose.
DOH-Leon said that specific times for vaccinations will be shared through the Everbridge notification system.
The Everbridge mass notification system will be activated to let individuals know the time to return for their second COVID-19 vaccine appointment, DOH-Leon said.
It will be a phone call first followed by a text. If clients confirm the call, it will not cycle through to a text message.
DOH-Leon strongly urges residents to be on alert and offered the following tips for receiving the call:
- Watch for phone or text messages with vaccine appointment information
- Answer unknown numbers
- Check the settings on your phone to ensure unknown callers will be accepted and not blocked.
All DOH-Leon vaccination clinics are operating from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., and are tentative based on vaccine supply and could change, DOH-Leon said.
Clinics are at the DOH-Leon Municipal Way Administration Building at 2965 Municipal Way in Tallahassee.
For any additional questions about the vaccine, the Florida COVID-19 Call Center can be reached by calling 1-866-779-6121 (vailable 24 hours a day, 7 days a week), emailing COVIDemail@example.com, or by clicking here.