LEON COUNTY, Fla. (WTXL) — Leon County Government has extended the closure of the following County facilities until April 15:
- Leon County Main Library and all County branch library locations
- All County Community Centers
- All County pavilions and event space rentals
- All County active park recreation facilities (baseball, soccer, etc.), meaning Little League activities are suspended until Wednesday, April 15 at the earliest.
All passive park recreation sites, such as greenways, trails, and other outdoor hiking, will remain open to the public.
Officials say consistent with CDC guidance, outdoor recreation does not require close social contact and may still occur.
For County libraries:
- All late fees will be suspended and due dates will be extended during the closure period.
- Leon County libraries will continue to offer many different e-book and online offerings.
- Library staff at the main library will continue to answer the phone during normal business hours at (850) 606-2665. Staff will be available to assist customers with reference questions or other technical assistance.
- All library locations will be thoroughly sanitized before reopening.