(WTXL) — Detective Shawn Edwards of the Leon County Sheriff's Office joined WTXL on Thursday to share a few Halloween Safety Tips.
1. Make sure to have children in line of sight and in well lit areas.
2. Stick to familiar surroundings and stay in a group.
3. Make a plan.
4. Make sure to remind children to never enter a home or vehicle of a stranger.
5. Examine candy before eating.
6. Stay aware of surroundings and use sidewalk.
7. Carry glow sticks or flashlights and use reflective tape to incorporate into the costume.