TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) — Following a string of business robberies within Leon County that began in October, investigators with the Tallahassee Police Department and the Leon County Sheriff’s Office believed the robberies were related and began working together to identify the suspects.
With assistance from the U.S. Marshal’s Fugitive Task Force, search warrants were served at two suspects' homes where multiple items of evidence were recovered, including a gun.
On Dec. 1, 17-year-old Zion Hosten and 22-year-old Marcus Wiley were arrested and charged with armed robberies that occurred at:
- Citgo Gas Station, located at 5711 Blountstown Highway
- Fast Lane Mart, located at 3497 N. Monroe Street
- Marathon Gas Station, located at 2036 S. Adams Street
- Tally Smoke & Vape, located at 679 W. Tennessee Street
- Beer City, located at 471 John Knox Road
- Express Lane, located at 3417 Fred George Road