NewsLocal News

Actions

Improper cooking causes fire at Tallahassee home

House Fire
Posted at 8:53 PM, Aug 26, 2019
and last updated 2019-08-26 20:53:15-04

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Improper cooking caused a fire at a Tallahassee home on Monday.

At about 6:50 p.m. Monday, the Consolidated Dispatch Agency received a call about a house fire on Gibbs Drive. When the Tallahassee Fire Department arrived on scene, they found smoke coming from the back of the home.

The fire was found quickly by firefighters and put out. They also determined that everyone had made it out of the home safely.

TFD says the cause of the fire was due to improper cooking and damages are estimated to be at $5,000.

No injuries were reported on scene.