LOWNDES COUNTY, Ga.(WTXL) — The Georgia Department of Public Health has confirmed the third case of COVID-19 in Lowndes County.
Health officials say the individual is a resident of Lowndes County and is not hospitalized.
This individual does share a connection with the individual first identified as a presumptive positive as well as the second confirmed case in Lowndes County.
At this time, South Health District has three confirmed cases of COVID-19 throughout the District which includes ten counties throughout South Georgia; however, this number could increase as the situation evolves.
Prevention is a very crucial step in stopping the spread of illness. The best prevention measures for any respiratory virus are:
· Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Stay home when you are sick.
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
· Avoid large gatherings, especially older adults and individuals with a chronic illness.
For the most up-to-date case count in Georgia, click here.