NewsLocal News

Actions

Grease fire causes $25,000 in damages to Tallahassee home

No injuries were reported
Posted at 11:11 AM, May 27, 2019
and last updated 2019-05-27 11:11:15-04

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) — Tallahassee firefighters say a pot of grease sparked a fire that caused $25,000 in damages to a home on Notre Dame Street Sunday night.

Sunday night at around 7:58 p.m., the Tallahassee Fire Department was dispatched to the report of a structure fire on the 3200 block of Notre Dame Street.

Arriving crews on scene found that a single family home was on fire with flames vented through the roof.

Thanks to their aggressive response, the fire was extinguished within minutes, which officials say saved much of the house.

TFD says the fire was caused by a pot of grease left on the stove. No injuries were reported.

The damages are estimated to be $25000.

The Tallahassee Police Department, Leon County EMS, and the American Red Cross assisted on scene.