TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) — Governor Ron DeSantis announced a temporary ban for some visitors to nursing homes and other assisted living facilities.
Wednesday, he signed an executive order that bans:
- Anyone infected with COVID-19 until they're are clear of the virus.
- Anyone with signs or symptoms
- Anyone in close contact with a confirmed COVID patients for 14 days
- International travelers for 14 days
- Cruise ship travelers for 14 days
- Anyone from or visiting communities with virus spread for 14 days.
"Florida will and must take every step to prevent real and potentially fatal threats to our elderly and senior populations," said Mary C. Mayhew, secretary of the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
Officials have enacted this measure because elderly populations are the most at risk of severe illness with this virus.
So, if you're heading to a nursing home or assisted living facility be prepared to answer questions and be checked out for any signs of the virus.