TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — From a list of 68, city officials have ranked their top 10 sites in consideration for the new Tallahassee Police Department's headquarters.
Tallahassee has been on the hunt for a new location for TPD for the past few years.
TowneSouth Plaza, on South Monroe Street, was selected but officials received public pushback because a move there may have required the relocation of several businesses.
City commissioners then abandoned the site in February following two public meetings to gather input.
The larger list was developed from a free-for-all call to the public for possible places to put TPD.
The list will be discussed at a City Commission meeting on Wednesday, July 10. They will then select the top three for further consideration.
Below is the city's top 10 list for a new TPD HQ site:
- 1904 North Monroe/514 West Tharpe Street (Northwood)
- 1500 Apalachee Parkway (Governors Square)
- 234 East 7th Avenue (Current TPD Site)
- 2813 S. Meridian Street (South City Head Start, Leon County Schools)
- 2415 North Monroe Street (Tallahassee Mall)
- 1625 Apalachee Parkway (Dick’s Sporting Goods/Toys R’ Us/PetSmart Center)
- 111 South Magnolia Drive (Winn Dixie/Magnolia Retail Center)
- 1317 Winewood Boulevard (DCF Headquarters thru 01/2020)
- 2525 South Monroe Street (TowneSouth)
- 1815 Lake Bradford Road (COT Wastewater Treatment Plant)