THOMASVILLE, Ga. — The City of Thomasville announced on Friday contractors will begin resurfacing several streets throughout the city, beginning Monday, Jan. 30.
According to the City, work is expected to take up to 60 days, weather permitting. The streets to receive resurfacing include:
- Augusta Avenue – from South Street to Orange Street
- Bartow Street – from West Jackson Street to Gordon Avenue
- Fern Street – from Fletcher Street to Magnolia Street
- Hopkins Street – from Fletcher Street to Lester Street
- Jones Street – from Fletcher Street to Lester Street
- Kings Drive – from Remington Avenue to Royal Avenue
- Montrose Drive – from Myrtle Drive to Ridgecrest Drive
- Mulberry Street – from Railroad Avenue to Fletcher Street
- North Hansell Street – from East Calhoun Street to East Webster Street
- Railroad Avenue – from West Jackson Street to Mulberry Street
- South Stevens Street – from Lester Street to Wright Street
- Wright Street – from Brighton Street to South Street
- Cecil Street – from Smith Avenue to Reid Street
Temporary lane closures will take place while work is underway, but roadways will remain open to local traffic, according to the City.
For more information, contact the City of Thomasville's Engineering Department at 229-227-7009.