TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) — Tallahassee city manager Reese Goad says the eight candidates who were in the running to become Tallahassee's next police chief will now be reconsidered.
Those eight candidates, who were interviewed by the Community Partners Committee, include:
- Interim Tallahassee Police Chief Steve Outlaw
- TPD Major Lawrence Revell
- TPD Major Lonnie Scott
- Broward Sheriff's Office Colonel John Dale
- Lake City Police Chief Argatha Gilmore
- Quincy Police Chief Glenn Sapp
- Chief of the Department of Youth & Accreditation Services for the Leon County Sheriff's Office Audrey Smith
- Deputy Chief of Orlando Police Eric Smith
The news comes after Antonio Gilliam, who was selected to be the city's next top cop, rescinded his acceptance of the offer on Thursday.
Gilliam claims the reason he backed away, was the city's refusal to deliver on two terms: He wanted the right to hire and fire his command staff and a six year agreement where he could only be fired with cause.
There is not a set deadline for the selection of the new TPD chief. The city manager's office says they will review all the data gathered from the eight finalists to make their decision.