TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) — Applications are now open to participate in the City of Tallahassee's events to honor the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
On Jan. 17, 2022, the City of Tallahassee will host a day-long celebration. Events will include the NAACP March to the Capitol, Day of Dialogue, MLK Day Festival and inaugural MLK Day Parade. The parade will take place along North Monroe Street.
Organizations interested can apply as a parade participant, live entertainment or vendor on their website by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 5. There is no fee to participate in the parade.
The schedule for events that day can be found below:
- 8–11 a.m. NAACP March from C.K. Steele Plaza to Capitol
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Festival welcome and remarks from local dignitaries – Chain of Parks
- 11:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. MLK Day Festival – Chain of Parks
- 12:30-2 p.m. MLK Day Parade from N. Monroe St. to Madison St.
- 2:30-3:30 p.m. Day of Dialogue – Kleman Plaza
- 3:30-6 p.m. Live entertainment by community groups and Tallahassee Nights Live – Kleman Plaza