LOWNDES COUNTY, Ga. (WTXL) — The Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH), South Health District has confirmed yet another case of coronavirus in Lowndes County.
The COVID-19 positive individual is currently being treated in a hospital.
At this time, South Health District has six confirmed cases of COVID-19 throughout the District which includes ten counties throughout South Georgia. However, health officials say this number could increase as the situation evolves.
To read about the other cases, click here:
Moody Air Force Base closed to visitors after first confirmed COVID-19 case in South Georgia
Employee at South Georgia Medical Center tests positive for COVID-19
Two people in Lowndes County test positive for COVID-19
For the most up-to-date case count in Georgia, visit www.dph.ga.gov.
The best prevention measures for any respiratory virus are:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid large gatherings, especially older adults and individuals with a chronic illness.