TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) - Colleges and high schools are already beginning to change game plans due to Hurricane Irma.
Here's some of the local changes:
- Florida State announced that their football game against University of Louisiana-Monroe has been cancelled
- FAMU will be closed for Monday and will reopen Wednesday
- Florida has cancelled their football game against Northern Colorado
- Godby's game at Lake Mary has been moved to Thursday night from Friday.
- Leon's matchup at Sandalwood (Jacksonville) has been moved to Thursday at 6 p.m.
- Chiles at Rickards has been cancelled
- FAMU DRS at Sneads has been cancelled
- Maclay High School football has been cancelled this week. They will make up this game either Thursday 10/12 or Friday 10/13
- Lincoln High vs. Palm Beach Central has been cancelled for Friday night. Game will more than likely not be made up
- Florida High at Madison County High has been moved to Thursday night at 7:30
- North Florida Christian at Brookwood has been cancelled
- St. John Paul II Catholic High School has cancelled all sporting events for this weekend, Friday, and Monday, including tonight's game at Jefferson County
- Aucilla Christian at Saint Francis Catholic football game has been cancelled
- Wakulla County High's game at Taylor County High School has been moved to Thursday
- Lafayette vs Chiefland has been rescheduled for Thursday at 7 p.m.
- Hamilton County at Suwannee has been cancelled
- Valdosta State's game this Saturday in Waycross against Fort Valley State has been moved up to 3 p.m.
- Shiloh at Lowndes High has been cancelled and rescheduled for September 22 at 8 p.m.
- The Valdosta High Wildcats will host the Tift County Blue Devils at 8:00 p.m. Friday at Bazemore Hyder Stadium; The cross-country team will travel to Leesburg on Saturday for the Lee County Invitational and the meet will begin at 8:30 a.m.; The varsity softball games for next Monday and next Wednesday have been canceled; the Monday game versus Berrien has been rescheduled for September 26, at 5:30 p.m. The VHS varsity softball doubleheader scheduled for Saturday, September 9, against Northside Warner Robins has been canceled. These games will be rescheduled at a later date.
Valdosta Middle School softball games scheduled for next Monday and next Tuesday have been canceled and make-up dates are still pending;the varsity volleyball games scheduled for next Tuesday at Tift County has been canceled. The make-up date for this game has been set for September 25, in Tifton at 5:00 p.m.; the middle school volleyball game scheduled for next Tuesday versus Georgia Christian has been canceled. The make-up date for this game is pending.
Lowndes High School game against Mt. Zion will be reschedule on October 6 at 8 p.m.