(WTXL) - Here's a list of places in the Big Bend that are distributing food and water for those recovering from Hurricane Michael:
As Leon County continues to return to normal following Hurricane Michael, Salvation Army will serve hot meals at noon and 5 p.m. at the following locations on Tuesday, October 16:
- Woodville Branch Library - 8000 Old Woodville Rd.
- Ft. Braden Community Park (baseball field) – 15100 Blountstown
The Salvation Army is also providing hot meals here:
- 8000 Old Woodville Road, Tallahassee, FL 32305
For citizens with continuing needs following Hurricane Michael, 2-1-1 Big Bend can provided much needs referral services to local human services agencies. Calls are free, confidential and anonymous. Trained hotline counselors are available to listen and provide emotional support, crisis counseling, suicide prevention and information.
Dial 2-1-1 or (850) 617-6333 for 24/7 human service information and assistance.
National Guard Fixed Type 2 Points of Distribution (PODs)
- Gadsden County Jail - Started distributing Friday morning
- Johnny Johnson Pavilion (FSH) - ETA possibly Saturday
Community distribution sites
- Florida State Hospital (Chattahoochee)
- Helen Franks Community Center - POD (14833 Main Street, Gretna, FL)
- Eugene Lamb Park (420 Palmer Road, Midway, FL)
- Old Havana Elementary School - POD (705 Florida-Georgia, Havana, FL)
- Gadsden County Jail - Fixed POD (2135 Pat Thomas Pkwy, Quincy, FL)
- Greensboro Elementary - POD (559 Greensboro Hwy, Greensboro, FL)
No ID is needed. Distribution has begun for the community sites.
The Salvation Army will have meals available in Gadsden County:
- For lunch and dinner at Crossroad Academy on Tuesday from 11 am. - 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- 100 S. Main Street, Chattahoochee, FL
- 470 Strong Avenue, Quincy, FL
- 14833 Main Street, Gretna FL
- POD Box Truck at 1323 West Crawford Street, Quincy, FL
- Roaming the Havana area
Water distribution sites open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Johnny Johnson Pavilion (FSH) - POD/This location also has a truckload of ice; two bags available per car
- James A. Shanks High School in Quincy - Free ice available
- Helen Franks Community Centee (14833 Main Street, Gretna)
- Eugene Lamb Park-POD (420 Palmer Road, Midway FL)
- Old Havana Elementary School-POD (705 FLorida-Georgia Havana, FL)
- Gadsden County Jail-Fixed POD (2135 Pat Thomas Pkwy, Quincy FL)
- Greensboro Elementary-POD (559 Greensboro Hwy, Greensboro, FL)
- Crawfordville - Medart Park 79 Recreation Drive, Crawfordville, FL 32327
- 1360 Coastal Highway, Panacea, FL
- 4793 Spring Creek Highway, Panacea, FL
- Franklin County Jail - Currently serving food
- Eastpoint (Magnolia Ridge, Ridge Crest, Lily Circle) - Water available
- Chillas Hall- (156 Hefferman Drive, Lanark Village)
- Carrabelle Fire Station (105 Tallahassee St., Carrabelle)
- Eastpoint Church of God (379 Ave. A, Eastpoint)
- Eastpoint Fire Department 24 6th Street, Eastpoint, FL
- Apalachicola City Complex (192 14th St., Suite 1, Apalachicola)
An aid station has been set up at the Eastpoint Volunteer Fire Station with portable showers. Franklin County is also working on providing port-o-potties and food trucks at the station, located at 24 6th Street in Eastpoint.
- Marianna - Jackson County POD 2255 State Road 71, Marianna, FL 32448
- Marianna - Century Fire Protection POD 3018 HWY 71 N, Marianna, FL 32446
- Marianna - Walmart 2251 SR 71, Marianna, FL
- Graceville - New Beginnings Baptist Church POD 1049 Sanders Ave, Graceville, FL 32440
- Sneads - Jackson County POD 2027 3rd. Ave, Sneads, FL 32460
- Sneads - 2010 Legion Road 2010 Legion Road, Sneads, FL
- Cottondale - Jackson County POD 3276 Main Street, Cottondale, FL 32431
- Cottondale - Main St POD 3172 Main Street, Cottondale, FL
- Chipley - Chipley High School POD 1545 Brickyard Rd, Chipley, FL 32428
The Salvation Army is also distributing meals at the following locations:
- Roaming Marianna - 4445 Lafayette Street, Marianna, FL
- Roaming Marianna - 4534 Lafayette Street, Marianna, FL
- The Missouris Baptist Disaster Relief and First Baptist Church of Bristol are providing Free Warm Showers. The offer chainsaw work, tarping/debris clean up and laundry units coming soon. For more information call 850-363-5775. Church is located at 10677 Michaux Rd., Bristol, FL
- Veterans Memorial Civic Center (10561 NW Theo Jacobs Way, Bristol, FL 32321)
- Liberty County EOC located on Spring Street in Bristol -Distributing food, water, blankets and hygiene items
- Hosford Fire Department - Water and food available
- Bristol - Bristol City Hall POD 12444 NW Virginia G Weaver Street , Bristol, FL 32321
- Bristol - Rock Bluff Voting Precinct 6915 NW Torreya Park Rd, Bristol, FL 32321
- Bristol - Spring St POD 10979 Spring Street, Bristol, FL
- Exxon in Brisol is opened and pumping gas
Food and water is available at the following locations:
Brinson Fire Dept., 122 Rutherford St.
Spring Creek Volunteer Fire Dept., Hwy 253
Church of God, Independent St.
- Southwest Baptist Church, Faceville Hwy
- Attapulgus Fire Dept. 110 N Main St.
- Walmart in Bainbridge
- SOWEGA TRUCK ICE in Vada is offering free ice. They are located at 5072 Vada Road (about 15 miles north of Bainbridge)
Free ice and water being given away on Thomas County HS Football field's on US 319, across from McDonald's.
- Southern Regional Technical College (8 a.m. to 6 p.m.) - 2500 E. Shotwell Street, Bainbridge, GA 39819 (Water, ice, tarps, and meals available)
- Canteen - Walmart (500 East Alice Street, Bainbridge, GA)
- Red Cross – SBDR Kitchen at Morningside Church (1303 Vada Lane, Bainbridge, GA) Beginning Monday evening, not sure how long
YMCA is open and allowing members and non-members use of their showers until further notice.
If you know of any other distribution centers, please email us at email@example.com.