LEON COUNTY, Fla. (WTXL) - As Leon County continues to recover from Hurricane Irma, many operations in the county are returning to normal starting Wednesday.
All Leon County offices will reopen on Wednesday.
They say solid waste pick up for residential & commercial customers will resume on Wednesday:
- Regular trash and recycling pickup will resume on Wednesday, September 13, with those whose trash pickup date was Monday, September 11. Yard debris will not be picked up by Waste Pro.
- Yard debris will be picked up by a debris removal contractor and it may not be the same day as regular pickup. Once figured out, further details available at www.LeonCountyFL.gov/EI.
- Rural Waste Service Centers will continue normal hours of operation beginning Wednesday, September 13.
- Residents may drop off yard debris at the Solid Waste Facility beginning, Wednesday, September 13 during normal operating hours, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- For bulky item pickup (items too big for garbage):
- Storm-related bulky items will be picked up by a contractor. There is no need to call to request items to be picked up.
- For regular bulky item pickup, call Waste Pro at (850) 606-1899 to make a request.
- Marpan Recycling remains closed until further notice.
While StarMetro has already resumed normal operations, the Seminole Express will not operate since FSU will be closed until Friday. Visit Talgov.com/StarMetro for route information.
Officials say the regular scheduled meeting of the Board of County Commissioners has been rescheduled to Wednesday, September 20. The workshop will be rescheduled at a later date.