LEON COUNTY, Fla. (WTXL) - The Leon County Sheriff's Office has arrested two people connected to at least 13 armed robberies throughout the county.
Kenisha Dupree, 27, and Rodrick Owens, 28, were arrested by LCSO Wednesday night for multiple counts of armed robbery with a firearm.
For the last couple of months, LCSO and the Tallahassee Police Department have been investigating a string of armed robberies throughout the county.
Tuesday night, deputies responded to a robbery at the Circle K at 5445 Capital Circle SW. The following morning, just after 8 a.m., LCSO responded to another robbery committed by the same suspect at the CVS at 5670 North Monroe Street.
A local business was able to provide deputies with surveillance footage of the CVS robbery, where a vehicle could be seen circling the block several times. The vehicle is then seen leaving after the suspect in the robbery runs out of the store.
Detectives identified the car and developed a suspect.
Eventually, LCSO conducted a traffic stop on the suspect vehicle and took Owens into custody on unrelated charges. Owens and Dupree, who was driving the vehicle, were both taken to the sheriff's office where they were connected to a string of other robberies.
Through further investigation, LCSO and TPD were able to find a black shotgun and silver revolver believed to be used in the armed robberies, along with a cash drawer, an undisclosed amount of cash, clothing and a mask linked to the crimes.
They also found a Florida Lottery dispenser with numerous lottery tickets that were stolen in a burglary that occurred last month.
Owens and Dupree have been transported and booked into the Leon County Detention Facility on charges form LCSO and TPD related to 13 different robberies throughout Leon County.
The following is a list of dates and locations of the robberies:
- January 25: Campus Edge Food Mart (TPD)
- January 27: Circle K 2956 West Park Avenue (TPD)
- January 27: Circle K 3111 Mahan Drive (TPD)
- January 27: Captain D’s 151 East Orange Avenue (TPD)
- March 14: Shell 6625 Mahan Drive (LCSO)
- March 23: Fast Lane 3497 North Monroe Street (LCSO)
- March 23: Circle K 2037 Thomasville Road (TPD)
- April 15: Circle K 3424 Thomasville Road (TPD)
- April 23: Dollar General 5200 Capital Circle NW (LCSO)
- April 29: Dollar General 7540 West Tennessee Street (LCSO)
- May 1: Dollar General 327 West Brevard Street (TPD)
- May 16: BP 5445 Woodville Highway (LCSO)
- May 16: CVS 5670 North Monroe Street (LCSO)
“I am so proud of the great work by our team with a great outcome. I am also proud of the joint cooperation with the Tallahassee Police Department and our citizen partners that are so valuable in our continued efforts to fight against violent crime”, said Sheriff Walt McNeil.
Chief Michael DeLeo stated, “This investigation is another example of how our collaborative efforts have led to a significant reduction in violent crime. Our community is safer and stronger when law enforcement partners with each other and the community.”