(WTXL) - South Georgia has $18 million for a number of new projects.
The money comes from the Georgia Department of Transportation.
In our area, Lowndes County will be seeing part of that money for traffic signal upgrades at 15 locations.
This includes installation of intersection video detection systems, which will cost $1.9 million.
It's all set to be finished Nov. 30, 2018.
The locations are:
- SR 38/Hill Avenue at Fry Street, North Oak Street, Toombs Street, SR 7 South/South Patterson Street, SR 7 Business/North Ashley Street and Lee Street
- SR 38/Hill Avenue/Central Avenue at Forrest Street
- SR 38 West/Central Avenue at North Lee Street, SR 7 BUS/North Ashley Street, SR 7 South/North Patterson Street, Toombs Street and North Oak Street
- SR 7 BUS/Ashley Street at Valley Street
- SR 7 South/Patterson Street at Valley Street and Magnolia Street
MOBILE USERS: Download our WTXL news app on your Apple and Android devices for the latest from South Georgia and North Florida. Also, download our WTXL Weather Now app for Apple and Android devices to get the latest local weather wherever you go.
Copyright 2017 WTXL via Raycom News Network. All rights reserved.