GADSDEN COUNTY, Fla. (WTXL) - The Gadsden County Sheriff's Office has posted information about transportation and shelters, noting that sex offenders will not be allowed at local shelters.
The shelters are for evacuation support only, according to the sheriff's Facebook post.
The post said there will be transportation provided by the school district, and the following pick up locations are designated:
- Harvey’s parking lot in Havana and the Old Havana Elementary school
- Piggly Wiggly in Quincy
- CitiTrend and Roses parking lot
- Gadsden Hospital parking lot
- Gretna City Hall
- Mount Pleasant Post Office
- Chatttahoochee Elementary School
- Midway City Hall
Churches may transport to shelters, the post said, and any churches that operate as a shelter assume their liability.
Gadsden County does not have a pet friendly shelter, it said. All pets have to be taken to Chile’s High School Shelter.
All sex offenders who are seeking shelter will NOT be allowed to be at local shelters and should report to their designated locations:
- Men offenders report to DOC on 267 by the Gadsden County Jail in Quincy
- Females report to the Women’s prison on Hwy 12 Greensboro Hwy