GADSDEN COUNTY, Fla. (WTXL) - FEMA is at Gadsden High School Monday for Disaster Assistance Relief Registration.
Gadsden County is still enforcing a mandatory curfew from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. for all businesses and residents.
Gadsden County announced the continued curfew on Facebook on Sunday night, adding that citizens should be stopped by law enforcement if the curfew is violated.
- Second Harvest will be distributing MREs, water, snacks and non perishables at the Old USDA Building at the corner of Cone and Florida Ave on Monday at noon.
- Salvation Army will be distributing meals at Crossroads Academy in Quincy on Monday from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. and again from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- The Quincy Shuttle, Gadsden Express and Gadsden Connector will provide free shuttles until October 31.
- City of Midway - Monday, October 15
- (Offices will be held at the Midway Emergency Operations Center/Fire Department, 1535 MLK St.)
- City of Gretna - Monday, October 15
- City of Quincy - Monday, October 15
- Gadsden County Offices will remain closed through Friday due to damages to the Edward J. Butler Building
- Gadsden County Schools will remain closed through Friday.
- Dolan Road
- Dupont Road
- Lanier Road
- Frank Pias Road
- Salter Road
Citizens are reminded to move debris to the curbside for it to be picked up. Debris crews are not able to pick up on private property.
All Hurricane Michael Recovery Information for Gadsden County can be found at www.GadsdenCountyFL.gov.
Gadsden County announces recovery efforts following Hurricane Michael
GADSDEN COUNTY, Fla. (WTXL) - Gadsden County announced on Saturday their recovery efforts following Hurricane Michael.
Gadsden County said recovery efforts are expected to last well into November and that severely affected areas include Chattahoochee, Greensboro, Hardaway, and Sycamore.
The Gadsden County Sheriff’s Office continues to enforce a mandatory curfew from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. GCSO stated residents should be prepared to be stopped by law enforcement if the curfew is violated.
They also encourage residents to report price gouging and scams by calling 1 (866) 9NO-SCAM or 1 (866) 966-7226.
Gadsden County shelters have been consolidated to one location at Gadsden County High School and it also serves as a special needs shelter.
The City of Midway has opened a comfort station at the Midway Recreation Center on 420 Palmer Rd. from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
All county offices are closed until further notice and below is a list of road closures:
- Augustine Road
- Dolan Road
- Dover Road
- Faircloth Road
- Gene Williams Road
- Goodson Road
- Hanna Mill Road
- Juniper Road
- Lewis Lane
- Lincoln Drive
- Little Sycamore Road
- Peck Betts Road
- Providence Road
- Sawdust Road
- Shiloh Road
- Telogia Creek Road
- Thihten Road
- Uptain Road
Gadsden County said they will announce road openings as they occur.