News

Actions

FSU Students Evacuated from School Building

Florida State University (2013)
Posted at 3:58 PM, Oct 07, 2014
and last updated 2014-10-07 12:03:53-04

TALLAHASSEE, FL. (WTXL) - According to the Florida State University Police Department, students had to evacuate from Ragan's Hall for close to 3 and a half hours Monday due to high levels of carbon monoxide.

FSU Police say, the carbon monoxide came from a worker using a pressure washer in one of the stairwells of Ragans Hall. According to the police, the worker passed out briefly and was coming back to consciousness when treated by the EMS. He was transported to an area hospital for further treatment.

Students were kept out of the building with the Tallahassee Fire Department ventilating the building until 6:30p.m.