PALM BEACH, Fla. (WTXL) - Authorities say that they had to use two doses of Narcan to revive a baby who overdosed on heroin a few weeks before her first birthday.
The child's parents, Charlie Hagan and Joseph Critelli, were both arrested on Sept. 21. According to a probable cause document, the incident happened back in July.
Hagan told investigators that she had been in the hospital for a heroin overdose earlier in the week and was sleeping in her room on the day of the incident.
When she woke up, she told deputies that "she noticed the baby's breathing was not right," and called someone in to check on the baby.
Within a few minutes, authorities arrived to their home and took the baby to St. Mary's Hospital. Deputies were able to piece together that somehow the child ingested an opiate which was later determined to possibly be heroin.
According to the probable cause document, the child had to be revived with two doses of Narcan.
Hagan was charged with aggravated child abuse, child neglect causing great bodily harm, and possession of paraphernalia. Critelli, who Hagan claimed was in control of the baby, was charged with child neglect without great bodily harm.