(WTFTS) — On Monday, most of Florida will enter Phase 1 of Governor Ron DeSantis' plan to reopen the Sunshine State.
What does this mean? It means Floridians outside of Palm Beach, Miami-Dade and Broward counties can finally take the first permitted -- but slow -- steps toward their path to normalcy.
Restaurants and retail can now reopen but with limited capacities.
Here is what is reopening on Monday, May 4:
- Florida state parks
- Elective surgeries can resume
- Restaurants may offer outdoor seating with 6 foot space between tables and indoor seating at 25% capacity
- Retail can operate at 25% of indoor capacity
Places not reopening during Phase 1:
- Bars, gyms and personal services such as hair dressers
- Schools remain distance learning
- Visits to senior living facilities are still prohibited
* = Reopening date has not yet been announced as of Sunday, May 3.