TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) - With summer just around the corner the Florida Commissioner of Agriculture is reminding consumers to be careful when making vacation plans.
He says to protect yourself from vacation scams, you should follow these tips:
- Make sure any travel company you use is registered with the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Check to see if the company has received complaints before
- Read the entire contract before signing
- Make sure you have a copy of the cancellation and refund policies
- Finally, make sure you use a credit card to make the purchase so it can be disputed if something goes wrong.