News

Actions

Florida Couple, Dog Die of Carbon Monoxide Fumes

Carbon monoxide
Posted at 7:11 AM, Oct 15, 2015
and last updated 2015-10-15 07:11:00-04

NEW SMYRNA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Investigators say a car left running in the garage likely lead to the deaths of a couple and their dog in New Smyrna Beach.

Family members called for help Wednesday afternoon when they went to check on 90-year-old Paul Berry and his 89-year-old wife Juanita Berry.

Police Lt. Shane Riggle says firefighters found "very high levels" of carbon monoxide. He says it appears exhaust from the car filled the home with fumes.

The couple's dog Bo was found dead in the living room. The Berrys were in the master bedroom.