TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) - The Florida Department of Corrections evacuated some Panhandle facilities ahead of Hurricane Michael making landfall.
Several panhandle satellite facilities, community work release centers and work camps were evacuated in an abundance of caution, the agency said in a news release. Inmates have been relocated to larger main units.
- The following facilities have been evacuated:
- Franklin Correctional Institution Work Camp
- Gulf Forestry Camp
- Panama City Community Release Center
- Pensacola Community Release Center
- Shisa House West
- Tallahassee Community Release Center
In the event of additional evacuations, announcements will only be made upon completion.
Inmate locations will be posted on the website approximately 24-hours after relocation, per standard protocol.
Check Facebook, Twitter and www.dc.state.fl.us for updates.